Christmas Tree and Birthday Surprises


Yesterday Dave called to see if he should pick up a tree (Dave, being my husband). Normally we all go on the hunt together for the perfect tree, but the weather here has been so bitter none of the girls cared. While we were waiting, our friends stopped by to see if Abigail could spend the night with her daughter and bring her to church the next day and we would just take her home from there. Of course Abby wanted to go! Then my 2 other daughters, Emily and Rachel (that are still at home), went to their girlfriend's house before Dad and brother Dave got home with the tree. The guys called and said be prepared for a big one! Well, last year we literally had to climb over our couches to sit down because the tree was massive and I did NOT want to do that again. Fortunately they were kidding me and cut down a normal size tree with a normal size girth!!! They did jazz me as long as they could though. David, my son, fixed the tree stand. He is so handy, he can do anything he puts his mind to! Well, the tree is up and the girls were gone. So I thought it would be nice to go out to the Texas Roadhouse for dinner seeing my boss had given me a gift certificate for my birthday. Thanks Beth! So while I was looking for it through the piles (this is how things get cleaned!) I came across an envelope from Close To My Heart! I opened it and it was a beautiful fall card from Jeanette and the Close To My Heart family for my birthday! Now my birthday was November 14th so it really had come and gone already so gettting this card was a surprise I didn't expect. Seeing everyone had the flu on my birthday, it just felt like my special day! Dinner with Dave (we haven't gone out to dinner together in years.....at least 3 that I can count!) and a beautiful birthday card as well!!! It was a nice way to end the day. Enjoy the card. I love fall colors!!!! Well, technically it is still fall here even though the ground is covered in snow!

0 comments