News before the New Year!

Well, this will probably be my last post before the New Year! Where did 2006 go? I am sure I am not the only one saying that, but boy did it fly by. We had a wonderful Christmas. All my children, except David, came to our church on Sunday which was really nice. We kept Nico overnight as a trade off. Susie picked up my dad at his assistant living home for me. It was a more than a fair trade :0) As a family we exchange names for Christmas. It is fun to see what everyone picks out for each other. Everyone got something that was perfect for them except for Emily!!! Rachel and Susie went to this store ~ Gadzooks. I had never heard of it before, but they came home with this T-Shirt and this mustard, cropped, denim jacket that was "bedazzled" with angel wings on the back. If you know Emily, it is NOT her!!! We just laughed and laughed at that jacket. Sarah picked out a motorized Tarantula for David...perfect fit. He terrorized Rachel with it who has a true phobia about spiders. There was lots of crying and screaming, but it was fun too. It is nice to get together for the holidays and to remember the true reason for the season....Jesus! May he come to live in your heart, if you haven't invited him already, during this coming year!

Oh, we also had a winter wedding to attend on the 28th! Our neice Laura was married to her true love, Mike on Thursday. They saved their first kiss as a couple for the altar! It is truly amazing to see that dedication and commitment these days even between Christians. How exciting for them!!!

Well, we are back to having problems with Dad at his home. The poor guy keeps falling and now the DPW is involved. He is in a fabulous facility with people that really care about him. I understand that reports have to be made, but the state really needs to look at the big picture not just at statistics on a piece of paper. All I did was cry yesterday. Hopefully this can be worked out without him having to be a zombie on meds so he can't walk around. My girlfriend said. "When things are working, change is a good thing." We will see.

Well, I hope you all are looking forward to a fresh start in 2007! I make no new year's resolutions, but am looking to change some habits! May 2007 bring you joy and changes for the better!

0 comments